There’s nothing more frustrating than finding one of your favorite lipstick’s split in two. To save some money in buying another stick, here are some basic tips to fix the breakage.
What you’ll need:
a) The broken lipstick
b) Blow dryer, a lit candle or a lit match
c) Access to a refrigerator
d) Paper towel or wax paper
e) Gloves (optional)
Let’s get started:
1. Prepare a clean work space. Place paper towels or wax paper in the work area.
2. Hygiene. Clean your hands before handling the lipstick or use gloves.
3. Remove the broken piece. If it hasn't already fallen off.
4. Stand the base of the lipstick upright on the work space. Swivel it up as far as possible.
5. Take your blow-dryer at high heat or your lit candle or lit match. Carefully run the heat underneath the base of the broken part of the lipstick.
Slightly melt the area that the broken piece will be attached to as well. Be careful not to burn the lipstick or melt the case.
(article sources: wikihow.com, huffingtonpost.ca; image sources: beautymarksthespotreviews.weebly.com, babble.com, wikihow.com, beautymakeupaddict.com)
6. Pick up the broken piece and attach gently to the base of the lipstick.
7. Seal the edges. Use a toothpick or use your fingers to gently move the sides of the lipstick together and seal the stick as one piece. It should be a smooth finish and the lipstick should be straight.
8. Put the lipstick in the refrigerator for about half an hour or until cooled completely.
9. Throw away the paper towels and any other mess.
And there you go... your lipstick is now ready to use as usual!
Guest fashion blogger: Mandy D.
Short link for this article: http://shortlink.kugati.ca/n