People love wearing hats, especially in the winter because they look great and keep warm. Wearing hats during the winter months can be much more than just keeping warm, it can be a fashion statement that sets you apart from the rest of the group. There was a time when it was fashionable for women to wear hats year-round but now it seems more common during the cold winter months. Hats as accessories come in a variety of styles, shapes and colors to compliment your entire wardrobe. Beyond coordinating your winter hat to your outfit, there are several tips to help you how to choose proper winter hats.
1. Determine your facial shape when choosing a winter hat. Just as sunglasses or another accessory complements your facial shape, so do hats. For a Round, Square or Triangle facial shape, choose a hat that has a low profile and straight brim. For a Oblong, Rectangle or Inverted Rectangle facial shape choose a low profile hat with a wide brim. For a Oval, Heart or Diamond facial shape every style of hat works.
(article source: blogorama, image source: stylebistro.com, tumblr.com, blogs.popart.com, squidoo.com)
3. Style your hair simply when wearing a winter hat. Cold damp air may cause hair to lose shape or frizz, so keeping it in a low ponytail or bun will keep your look sleek and put-together.
4. Avoid beanie winter hats if you have curly hair that tends to frizz in damp weather. The beanie sits close to the head, which can make hair ends frizz up and out causing your hair to look unruly. The best type of hair to wear with beanies is long hair, to accent the tighter hat. Choose a solid color beanie to go with your wardrobe.
5. Choose a warm material for winter hats. Wool knit hats keep the head warm, and still look stylish. Herringbone and tweed berets are also warm, stylish winter hat options. Fedoras in tweed and herringbone material are warm and stylish for locations that are only slightly cold during the winter months. Choose a warm pageboy cap made of tweed or velvet for your winter hat.
6. As for colors, black and gray are the most versatile. They match most jackets, gloves and scarves. If you have a brown jacket, match it with natural wool, beige or one of many earth tone-colored hats. As with other fashion accessories, opt for simplicity when selecting your winter hat. That way, you will avoid fashion no-nos and your hat will remain in style forever.
7. Avoid "too cute". Some people love to share happiness and they think a happy hat should have a face. Avoid "cute" designs like animals or things that simulate human faces, your hat is your dignity not a walking emoji. "Smileys" belong in your text messages not on your forehead. No-no.
Wear your hat in style all winter long, until the sun comes back!
Fashion blogger: Elle B.
Short link for this article: http://shortlink.kugati.ca/1V