1. If the leather belt is wet or has already touched some water, you should take it down as soon as possible, and then dry it. In addition, it will protect the leather belt if you dry it by natural withering or cover it with special leather oil in a timely manner
2. If the leather belt smells bad, you can brush it with a banister brush covered in a bit of soap, and then you rinse it with clean water. The above process should be finished in 15seconds. In addition, you can dry it by natural withering or using a hair dryer. If you use a hair dryer make sure that the belt is more then 15 centimetres away from it.
3. It’s better to use a leather belt in winter or where there is air-conditioning. Try to avoid using your leather belts during those humid summer days or when you engage in fitness or sports. If you really have to wear one, you should always wipe the sweat away first.
4. If there is dust on your leather belt, you can clean it with a wet cloth and then dry it with a dry cloth. Long sun exposures will deform your leather, so be careful where you leave it.
5. The leather belt should be adjusted to a proper level, not too tight, not too loose. Protect it from oils and liquids to avoid deformation. If possible, have in your wardrobe more than one belt and take turns with each one. This will prolong the life of your leather belt.